Dubaiís Travel & Tourism
- Dubai is becoming the destination of choice for tourist from all around the world.
- Dubai expects to rapidly increase the number of tourists visiting Dubai, from 7 million in 2007 to around 15 million by 2010.
- Dubai's hotels documented record-breaking occupancy during 2007, with a figure of 85%, beating New York with 83% and Singapore with 80%.
- Not many places in the world offer skiing, followed by the beach and a desert safari, all in one day.
- Dubai boasts the world's only seven start hotel, Teh Burj Al Arab.
- Dubai Duty Free has won the 'Best Airport for Duty Free Shopping' award for 3 consecutive years, by the Business Traveler UK magazine 2006.
Dubaiís Media & IT
- Mobile phone pentration rate in the country is almost 100% - higher than most Western countries.
- Internet penetration in teh country stands at around 50% - on par with the European Union.
- Dubai Internet City has become a strategic base for Information, Communication and Technology (ICT) companies targeting emerging markets in the region, like, Microsoft, Oracle, IBM, Cisco, Dell, Sun Microsystems, Nokia, to name a few.
- Dubai's Media City (DMC) is home to approximately 400 publications, 140 TV stations, 55 broadcasting companies, and 300 media, advertising and marketing companies.
- Dubai's is the region's media and marketing hub, with over 150 advertising and marketing companies.
- Dubai's is the region's medi and marketing hub, with over 150 advertising agencies in operation, including Ogilvy, Saatchi, Leo Burnett, Grey, to name a few.